Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Yummy! Sweet & Sour Marinated Salmon

I like reading Japanese magazines with lots of recipes and household tips. Since it is not so easy to get Japanese magazine around where I live, I keep old magazines and read them over and over. Sometimes I go to "Book Off" (a Japanese used book store in Manhattan) and buy old magazine for $1.00 or so.

I found this dish in one of those Japanese magazines. I like sweet and tangy taste so I was pretty sure that I would like this dish and I was right! This dish was so good and I was impressed! This is perfect summer dish and I know I will be making this dish more often. I just loved it!

I was supposed to use celery but didn't have it so I omitted celery and used parsley leaves from my garden (container garden that is...)

This is an easy dish to make.

First, you need to slice carrots and onion very thinly and saute in a frying pan with some olive oil. When they get soft, add white vinegar and sugar and salt and pepper for taste. (The amount is depends on how much salmon you use. I used about 1.5lb of salmon and used 10 table spoons of vinegar and 3 tea spoon of sugar) . Transfer this mixture into a container.

Then, cut salmon into pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper then dust with some flour.

In a frying pan, add some olive oil and saute the salmon both side until the surface is crispy and cooked all the way through.

Transfer the salmon into carrot and onion mixture and let it sit for 20minuits or so.
Add some chopped parsley and mix well.

This dish is great for both room temperature or cold. I liked both ways. When I have this cold, it is kind of like salad. It is sweet and sour and very refreshing. It is a perfect dish for summer!

This is so easy but surprisingly good dish! I hope you will like it also!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mausi

    Sweet & Sour marinated salmon looks great. Also thanks for dropping by my post and give such encouraging comments.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks delicious! I'd love to try it esp. at room temperature!

    ReplyDelete