Thursday, June 24, 2010

World Cup & Chicken Casserole & Ramen Noodle Salad


Are you watching World Cup? Did you watch the U.S. game yesterday? Oh my goodness! It was amazing game. I was so excited and moved by this game. It tells us that you should never give up till the end if you really want something :-) My friend couple live in South Africa and they were at the game. They called us to share their excitement. It must have been so exciting to be at the stadium for this game.
The American team did a great job! Even though, I also like the goalie from Ghana "Kingson" I think he is good goalie.

Also I heard that there was a record breaking Tennis match at Wimbledon. American player and French player had a match for over 10 hours and it was suspended and will continue today again. That's crazy. They must be so tired after playing tennis for more than 10 hours non-stop. I really admire their stamina.

We also have Japan soccer game today. I have to cheer for them also :-)

Anyway, enough of sports talk. I would like to talk about food :-)

One of my favorite blog is called "A Twist Of Spaghetti" and in April, she had a post about this easy casserole which uses the onion soup mix and cream of mushroom soup. I wanted to try this recipe and finally was able to try it the other day.

It was super easy and yummy! My husband and I liked it a lot. Thanks chef Amiee for sharing this recipe. This is a great dish for a busy night! For recipe, please visit her blog. Click here to go to her blog for the recipe.

I also made salad on the side. Do you know ramen noodle salad? When I first came to the U.S., I had this salad a few times at pot luck party or something. I haven't seen this salad for a while. Maybe it was popular during 80's and early 90's and people don't make this anymore. For some reason, I remember this salad the other day and wanted to make it myself. I searched for a recipe on line and found one.
This is the recipe I used. Click here for the recipe. I didn't have sunflower seeds so I omitted that and I used less sugar.

I like the crunch from the ramen noodle. It is fresh and crunch salad. I liked it :-) I have been making lots of different kind of salad lately. Salad is great for a hot summer day like today! It is going to be hot today in NY! Enjoy your day! :-)

8 comments:

  1. Hi Mausi,

    Thank you for stopping by. I hope you'll have fun with your project to do this year, puff pastry. I never make puff pastry at home, except croissant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi , Chicken casserole looks great. Also , US qualified for top 16 in FIFA world cup. Great News.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so delicious and I can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very simple and easy method,iam sure the taste also very yummy...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your casserole looks wonderful. I can't wait to give it a try. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. This casserole looks too good Mausi! I'm eating the entire dish with my eyes right now! So Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great recipe and it sounds delicious with the almonds. Good job!

    ReplyDelete