Thursday, December 31, 2009

Monk Fish dinner

My mother-in-law made monk fish the other day. I never cooked monk fish before but it was really good and easy to make. I would like to share it with you all.




Monk Fish with Thyme in Butter sauce

Ingredients ( 4 people)
Monk Fish    2 Lb
Butter 4 Table Spoon
Thyme (fresh or dried) 1 Table Spoon
Flour   little bit
Salt and Pepper  for taste

1. Take out any dark part or thin skin layer of the Monk fish



2. Cut the Monk Fish into pieces and dry them very well.


3. Heat the butter in a pan and saute Monk Fish. Sprinkle some flour.



4. Flip the Monk Fish and saute the other side. And Sprinkle with some Thyme leaves.


5. Serve it with rice or any side dish of your choice.


This was so simple was really good. I love it. I think I will be cooking with Monk fish more from now on. If you have a chance, please try monk fish. It is very mild taste and yummy!

My parents-in-law went back to Germany last night. On Tuesday, we went to see a show in Manhattan and had nice dinner at one of my favorite restaurant, "Spice Market". It is one of the restaurant from Jean Georges and one of my favorite in Manhattan.  My parents-in-law liked both the show and the dinner. We ate so much but it was a great dinner.

I found the Asian food recipe book of Jean Georges at the restaurant. There are some recipes from the Spice Market items. I would definitely would like to get this recipe book sometime so I can recreate some of the dishes at home.

If you are interested, here is the link to Amazon for that book.


I had a great time with my parents-in-laws. It was nice great Christmas with harmony and love. I hope they also had a good time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment