Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas cookies and bread pudding


When I went to have dinner at my friend place on Friday, I bake some cookies and brought them there.
I wanted to make something Christmas like so I made these cookies with jams and creme cheese fillings.

Again, I used the book I borrowed from the library. "The Sweet Life by Kate Zuckerman"




It seems like I am making a very good use of this book. I really should consider buying this book.

Anyway, this cookie I made was called "Walnut Cream cheese sandwich cookies". Those are the white filling ones in the picture. I wanted some color also so I also used some strawberry jam for filling some of the cookies.



I have to say it was not easy for me to bake these cookies. First of all, I don't like rolling the dough. I am never good at rolling the dough out. Even with lots of flours, I always manage to stick them to the rolling pin and stuff. Though I must say that this book had good tips for rolling the dough out so I think I did it a little bit better than I normally do.

Still, I don't like rolling the dough. It took quite some time to roll out the dough and cut them into the shapes, refrigerate again for a while and bake. I was exhausted by the time it was all done. But I think it looks pretty cute.



At my friend's place, we also baked bread pudding. We used recipe from Williams Sonoma website for this. Here is the link for the recipe.


Williams Sonoma is one of my favorite store. For those who does not know Williams Sonoma, it is a store which is filled with all the kitchen equipment. I love going to the store and just look around.


They also have William Sonoma Home which is another favorite store of mine. The stuff they have there are quite expensive but I just like looking around.


Anyways, here is the photo of the bread pudding we made.



We had this warm bread pudding with some ice cream. It was delicious.



By the way, one recipe I always use from Williams Sonoma is Tiramisu recipe. This is a great recipe and I love it. Here is the link to Tiramisu recipe on Williams Sonoma website.

Every time I make this Tiramisu, I get lots of lots of compliment. I would love you to try sometimes. I am sure you would love it also!



7 comments:

  1. yummy looking baked goodies...Those cookies look perfect.I am also planning to make some tomorrow :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gulmohar,
    I am looing foward to seeing your cookies on your blog tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Mausi,

    I am glad you enjoyed the evening last friday. It was fun cooking together and I had a good time,Cookies were great! I shared some with my colleagues at Bergdorf, every one said they were gourmet. Thanks and hope to get together soon. Nasreen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nasreen,
    Yes, It was great and thank you for everything. I am looking forward to do that again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow really fanatic work... Great thoughts you got there, believe I may possibly try just some of it throughout my daily life.
    Used Kitchen Equipment

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello!
    I adore your blog! Everything always looks so tasty and unique, different types of foods that I have never tried before! ^_^

    I was wondering how you made the cookies and which ingredients you use to make them? c:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi ナニベリー!
    Thank you for your comment. To be honest, I made this cookie so long ago and I don't remember what exactly I used to make these. I know it got cream cheese filling and strawberry jam in them. So the walnuts are in the cookies and I think cream cheese filling had cream cheese and butter and sugar. I am sorry that I don't remember. I think I should buy this book "The Sweet Life" by Kate Zuckerman so I can bake this again! I didn't think about this cookie for a long time but now I looked at them and I want to bake them again!!
    Anyways, thanks for your comment and interest!!!

    ReplyDelete