Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Chicken Curry with Cashew nuts

I was reading some Japanese blog and found this Chicken curry recipe which you make in a rice cooker. I thought it is interesting so I tried it. Luckily, I had all the spices I need for this recipe and I just bought a big package of Cashews the other day from Costco.

It was quite spicy but my husband loved it. He went for second.




The best thing about this recipe was that since it was cooked in a rice cooker, you don't have to keep checking while you cook. You just press the button and leave it and beep! It's done!

The not so great thing was that since I used rice cooker for making curry. I had to use the stove for making rice. I always make my rice in a rice cooker so I was a bit nervous about making rice in a pot. I looked up online how to make rice on pot and tried.

It came out perfectly! I was pretty pleased to see this. (Though the bottom was little bit burnt)

I probably should have sprinkle something green on top but oh well.


5 comments:

  1. I can eat extra rice for this :DD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shahana,
    Yes, it it quite rich. It got heavy cream and yogurt in it also but it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anncoo,
    This was great with Basmati rice. I love rice. I can just eat plain rice!!! so if it was with curry, I can eat a lot more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! it looks great and i liked it.
    national rice cookers

    ReplyDelete