Wednesday, December 9, 2009

BLT Sandwich, Chips & tomato salsa


BLT sandwich is one of my favorite sandwiches. Since it is so easy to make, I make it quite often at home. For my BLT sandwich, I always use mayonnaise and honey mustard. I think honey mustard is the key component for my BLT. I love honey mustard. (I buy honey mustard from a store. I don't make it at home)




Normally, I make bacon in a microwave until it gets crispy. This is a very easy way to make crispy bacon. I just put a paper towel on a plate and lay bacon and put in a microwave for about 3 minuets and 30 seconds.




I make two toasts and spread mayonnaise on one and honey mustard on the other one. (Use plenty of them) and add lettuce, sliced tomato and bacon and make a sandwich. Yummy!



I also made simple tomato salsa to go with tortilla chips. This salsa is something I make all the time. It is so easy but I will just write them down.

Ingredients
Tomato 2
Onion 1/2
cilantro 1 cup

1. Just chop all the ingredients into small pieces. Mix them and add some salt.






That's it! It taste really fresh and good. You can use yellow onion, red onion or shallots. I used shallots yesterday because I had some at home. I think for milder onion taste, it is better to use shallots or red onion but yellow onion also works. I use lots of Cilantro because I love them but you can also use less Cilantro if you don't love it.

I wanted to have something warm also so I heat up a cup of soup. I bought this soup at Trader Joe's. It was pretty good but I was expecting more rich flavor so it was a bit disappointing. I think it is much better if I buy butternut squash ans make it at home. (well, of course...)


I think I will make butter nut squash soup sometime soon!

2 comments:

  1. Mausi, now I'm craving a BLT! This looks fantastic I wish I could grab it from my screen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Catherine,
    Thanks! Please try honey mustard when you make BLT next time. It is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete