Thursday, December 10, 2009

Rosted Chicken from Costco & Tomato Basil Mozarrella roll

Every time when I go to Costo, I can not help but buying a roasted whole chicken. It is $4.99 and always warm, juice and yummy.
Yesterday was not exception. I bought this beautiful roasted chicken and had it for dinner.




I tend to like white meat better than dark but both parts were good.



The other day, I went to a supermarket and found this product which is Mozzarella cheese sheet. You can put tomato and basil and roll it. I saw this roll in some book and always wanted to try so I was so happy to find this product at my local supermarket.



So I tried making this roll yesterday.

Well, it did not go exactly I planned. I struggled to unroll the sheet. I tried to be gentle but I kept tearing the sheet as I roll it out.
I was so disappointed to see all the teared up sheets.

BUT I had to try with whatever I have so I overlapped the edge of those teared sheet and put tomato slices and basil and rolled it. I just rolled it. and this is what came out.



It is kind of rolled but when I tried to pick it up, it fell apart completely. Oh well, I wonder what I need to do to unroll this sheet successfully. Maybe I need more practice.


Another side dish I made was sauteed broccoli stem and bacon. I know most of the people through away broccoli stem but I like eating them. It taste good and I also like the texture. I simply cut the stem into slices and saute them until it is soft (might need to add some water to make it soft) and add sauteed bacon.




If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know what I am going to do after I had whole roasted chicken.

Yes. I make chicken stock from the bone of this roasted chicken. This make a great chicken stock and I like it much better than store bought chicken stock. If you are interested in how I make my chicken stock, here is the link to my chicken stock recipe. Please click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment