Monday, February 8, 2010

Jamie Oliver's Rice salad

I think first time I have ever tried rice salad was after I moved to the U.S. As a Japanese person who never had rice salad, it was quite surprising and interesting encounter. I found this rice salad recipe in Jamie Oliver's cook book which I got as a Christmas present.





I am pretty sure that many people know about him already. He is a famous Bristish chef and have his own TV shows also. He now try to promote healthy nutritious eating for both children and adults. I like watching his show because I can see that he is totally passionate about food and cooking. Also he is cute :-)






The recipe called for long grain and wild rice. I found this mixture at Trader joe and I thought this is perfect for the rice salad.

This is how it looks inside. Kind of pretty.
This rice salad is very lemony, herby and refreshing. I think this will be great in summer! Plus, it is rice so very satisfying for your stomach also.

Very colorful and fun dish!

I found this recipe also on the internet so I will link it here. Click here for the recipe. 

Hope you enjoy this lemony rice salad!

12 comments:

  1. I still haven't tried any rice salad......yours looks very pretty and tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salad looks so colorful and healthy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. You have a lovely space with interesting recipes. I liked the salad with lemon and lemon dressing. Perfect for summer.
    Do drop by when u have time
    http://cooking-goodfood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow.. nice one!!.. and different too :).. the name is so catchy - rice salad:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Angie,
    If you have a chance, try rice salad. It is pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rachana,
    Thank you for your compliment! This salad and colorful and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sarah,
    Thank you so much! it was good and looked pretty with all the different colors :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Treat and trick,
    Thank you for your comment. Yes, it got lots of herbs and bell peppers. It should be healthy and the best part is it taste good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Pari,
    Thank you for your compliment on my blog. I really appreciate it. And yes, this salad is perfect for summer at beach! I will make it again in summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Devi,
    Thanks! I know! It is quite surprising to me when I first found it but now I like it a lot :-)

    ReplyDelete