Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Rice Tomato Torte & my favorite mug cup from iittala

One of my friend who lives in Germany is a big fan of my blog. She always gives me lots of compliments about my blog and that motivate me and makes me feel really good :-) It is great to know that someone is enjoying what I write everyday! Sometimes, she send me some recipes when she cook something and if she likes them. This is one of the dish she told me and I have been wanted to make this one and finally I made it! It is like a quiche but the crust is made from rice.

I never thought about making a quiche with rice so it was very innovative idea for me. You make the crust with rice, egg and cheese.

and Add stuffs like tomatoes, cheese and mixture of egg and milk.
It looks very pretty and I really like the taste. One thing which bothered me was that I left it in the oven too long so the edge of rice crust was too hard and burnt a bit. Next time, I will cover the edge with aluminum foil.

I really liked the tomato in it. The tomato tasted so intense and burst with flavors. I think it was good to use grape tomato.
My husband liked it also. This is easier than making a crust :-) and I think you can use different kind of ingredients if you would like such as broccoli or salmon or something like that. I would definitely try making this again sometimes. So Thanks!

Today, I would like to show you guys my favorite my cup. I found this mug cup when I went to visit Sweden a few years back. The company's name is iittala. You might have heard about them. And these are my favorite cups from them. Ta-da~.

Aren't they beautiful? This is a product line called "Taika". "Taika" means "Magic" in Finish. I think it is a great name for fantastical design like this. The line also has bowls and plates, etc. Since I was on a trip and couldn't buy big things, I only bought one navy and one white mug cup. I was so happy when I found this.


And about a year later or so, my mother-in-law bought me red one and another white one since she knew that I like this cup so much. I was so happy to get two more of these cups. It is nice to use this cup when I have someone over. All my friends adore this cup!

I love having coffee or tea and I take hot drinks throughout the day quite often. When I use these cup, I feel like the beverage taste better :-)

I found that they sell these on Amazon also. If you are interested in, here is the link. Enjoy your drink!

6 comments:

  1. This looks amazing. I would love the complete recipe, to give it a try.
    Thanks Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great friend! And your dish sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Happy Nester,
    Thanks for your compliment! I did not post the complete recipe because this is not my original recipe and my friends did not remember which magazine she got this recipe from. I just did not violate any copyrights issues so I did not post it :-) But I found a e-mail address on your blog so I think I will e-mail you later! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angie,
    Thank you for your comment. It was good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karine,
    Yes, I have great friends who care about me. I am blessed :-) Thanks for you compliment!

    ReplyDelete