Friday, February 5, 2010

Salmon Dinner & My favorite snack "Bombay Mix"



Thank you very much for everybody who worry about my finger and left me nice comments! My finger is healing and getting better but I still try not to bend it so the wound will not open up.

That was my excuse to make this "knife free" dinner. I did not use knife so I came up with the menu which I didn't have to use knife.

I had a slice of salmon in the freezer so I defrost this and sautéed in a frying pan. That was super easy and one dish done!

I also made sausage and eggs. The sausages were already cut into small pieces and frozen so I just sauteed these and also made scramble egg. Easy!

I ate these with rice. Since I am Japanese, I like adding soy sauce to my salmon. This salmon was really good. It was fatty and just melted in my mouth. Sometimes these simple things are luxury.


I like making my eggs sweet when I eat them with rice. I add sugar and soy sauce in it. I think many Japanese do this when they make eggs called "Tamagoyaki" I did not like it sweet when I was little but now I like it that way. It's funny.

Today, I would like to show one of my favorite Indian snack. I am not sure if you can really find these in India but an indian lady whom I used to live with in California introduce this snack to me so I believe that this is real indian snack. I normally buy these in a indian grocery store in Manhattan. It is called "Bombay Mix"!!!!
I am not certain how to explain this delicious snack but it is spicy and sweet at the same time. It got lots of stuff in it. Let's read the back to see what is in it. It says Chick pea flour, corn oil, moong, split peas, fennel seeds, coriander seeds, sugar, paprika, sesame seeds and chili powder. I have no idea what moong is but this snack taste really good.

It looks like this.

Each pieces are quite small so it is difficult to eat them with hands. I use spoon to eat so I can eat a lot in one bite. This is so spicy but sweet and I can not stop. If you have never tried this before and if you like something spicy, please try it sometimes. Does anyone know that this snack really exist in india?

4 comments:

  1. I love salmon prepared in any way! Never had Bombay mix...quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angie,
    I love salmon also! Bombay mix is an very interesting snack. I myself found out about it just a few years ago. If you have a chance, five it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woowww mausi..this recipe looks so yummyy..i m sure its healthy too :)..my hubbys fav is salmon :)..got a nice blog here too :)... very good recipes u have got too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Neetz,
    Thank you so much. I love salmon also. I always make this but I would like to try something else with salmon sometimes :-)

    ReplyDelete