Saturday, February 13, 2010

It's Valentine's weekend already at our place with Flourless Chocolate Cake!

I know it is a bit early for Valentine's day but I have already bake the cake!  Since my husband is taking me out for a date today to Manhattan, I won't be able to bake today and Sunday is already Valentine's day. So I decided to bake the cake yesterday and enjoy it for the whole weekend!

I thought about many difficult things to bake but ended up with Tyler Florence's Flourless Chocolate Cake which I posted the other day about. Click here for his recipe. 

Baking sweets are very tiring I would say. Maybe I am more careful when I bake than when I cook. Details are very important in baking, I think.

Anyway, as I said before, this cake is super decadent. Melting butter and chocolate.
Add mixture of whipped egg yolk and sugar to this
Then, add whipped egg white to it.
Fold them gently.
Pour the batter into containers and bake.

And this is what came out. The crack on top of the cake is the important character of this cake.

Since it is Valentine's day, I made a big heart with confectioner's sugar on top of the cake to show my love. (though the heart is not in the center somehow)

Then I made it extra fancy with these raspberry sauce and whipped cream. I love combination of chocolate and raspberry so I heated up some frozen raspberry in a pot and made sauce. We make this raspberry sauce sometimes to pour it over vanilla ice cream. This is also delicious. You should try sometimes. I wanted to add something green. Mint will be the best choice but I didn't have mint so I added parsley :-(
I think my presentation skill here is not too bad! I like how it look with chocolate, red and green and white. It is cute plate and it sure taste good!

So our valentine's weekend started last night. (I just decided to make it a weekend long event instead of just one day). I will enjoy my Valentine's weekend! I hope everyone enjoy this special weekend! I also learned that this year's Valentine's day is Chinese new year :-) I heard there will be lots of eating and celebrating in Chinese family on Chinese new year. Happy New year!!!

12 comments:

  1. The cake looks fabulous and so well presented good thought of using parsley. Hope u will have a good stay at Manhattan and have a great Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow nice cake...happy valetines day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valentine's Day! This chocolate cake and the way you serve it really fits the mood of this special day!! Wish you lots of joy and compassion :-)

    Sawadee from Bangkok,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pari,
    Thanks! Yes, I have a great time in Manhattan. Great Valentine's weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Premaratha,
    Happy Valentine''s to you too! Cake was a hit! I hope you also had a great Valentine's day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Angie,
    Happy new year to you too! I wish you a great year of Tiger :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kris,
    Yes, I think there is something sexy about decadent chocoalte sweets! It was a great idea to make this cake for Valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year and Happy Valentine's Day! What a perfect way to celebrate both! You did an amazing presentation with the cake...mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just wanted to let you know that I passed a blog award onto you. Come check it out.

    http://dontforgetthefood.blogspot.com/2010/02/kreativ-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Aimee,
    Thank you. I tried to make it look good. Normally I am not good at decoration but I think this one came out pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Monica,
    Thank you for giving me an award. I am so happy that you enjoy my blog! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete