Monday, February 1, 2010

Dinner at famous Chef Anthony Bourdain's restaurant "Les Halles"

On Friday night, My husband and I went to Manhattan to meet up with one of my husband's friend from elementary school and her boyfriend who were visiting NY from Germany. I have met her once before and I had a very good time with her last time when I met her and again I had a great time on Friday night. She is very tall and pretty and looks like a model but very friendly and energetic. Her stories are very funny and I feel that she is very honest person. I really like talking to her.

Anyway, the restaurant I picked for dinner was Anthony Bourdain's French bistro called "Les Halles". I was reading a blog called "A Twist of Spaghetti" by Chef Aimee and found out about this restaurant. For those who are not familiar with Anthony Bourdain, he is famous American Chef and he also wrote a few books and he has a TV show called "No Reservations" which he travel around the world and report about food and culture. He is very honest and sometimes sarcastic but very funny and I like his humor. 

Here are a few of his books and DVDs. 














Well, let's talk about Friday night. The restaurant was pretty packed (maybe because it was restaurant week) . It was very casual and cozy restaurant. A bit too loud but very lively. We got a great corner table so it was great. (because some of the tables in the middle looked little too tight and too close to the next table) 

The food was great! For appetizer, my husband had crab cake. 

For main, I had skirt stake with blue cheese sauce. This was really good. I love skirt stake and also I love French Fries. Fries were very crispy and yummy. The stake was perfectly cooked and great with the sauce on the side. I like the fact that the sauce came on the side so I can also dip my french fries into my blue cheese sauce!

My husband had skate for main. It was also really good. I loved the lemony sauce with the skate. 

Our friends had something like French beef stew (I forgot the name..) They liked it also so I think it was also good. 

Over all, I really liked the restaurant. He is a famous chef but the restaurant was casual and friendly and was very reasonable price for NY restaurant so it gave me a very good impression (Is it just because I like Anthony Bourdain? Myabe that is part of it also ) . I would love to go back and try some other food sometimes. If you have a chance, try it yourself! I hope you would like it also :-) 

8 comments:

  1. Wow.. thats a nice write-up:).. I din't know that Anthony Bourdain owns a restaurant, I've watched his programs.. Nice clicks:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i love Les halles. We go to manhattan atleast once a month and on such a day we went to Bourdains restaurant..I had steak.oh my...that was too good to be true...lovely pics..guess u had a great time..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would very likely order the skate too! Looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO glad that you enjoyed it so much! Oh, that skirt steak. :) It definitely gets "brasserie" noisy - we got there on the early side and by the time we left it was packed. Bourdain is just awesome...as is this post! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Davi,
    Thanks! I did not know neither until I read about it on Chef Aimee's blog. I am glad that she wrote about it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah,
    You go there also? Oh, I am happy to hear that! Yes, I had a great time and I will be going there again sometimes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Angie,
    The skate was also really good. I like sauce with the skate. Tangy and buttery :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chef Aimee,
    Thank you for coming to check out my blog and thank you again for writing about his restaurant. If I did not read your blog, I did not know about it. Anthony Bourdain rocks!

    ReplyDelete