Saturday, January 30, 2010

Shrimp with roasted garlic pesto pasta & my favorite beverage bottle

I've made this dish before and liked it so I am making this again. This is a recipe from Sunny Anderson from Food Network. She is one of my favorite food network star. (Click here for the previous post of this pasta dish) 

This is very easy pest with cherry tomatoes, garlic, basil and parmesan cheese. Plese click here for her recipe of this pasta on Food Network site.

I was supposed to use Linguine but I did not have them at home so I used thick spaghetti for this and I used frozen shrimp which I had in my freezer. This is very easy but super tasty. I know I will be repeating this recipe again!

Today, I would like to show you an item which I love recently and use everyday. It is hot & cold beverage bottle (canteen?). I am not sure how you call this but this is how it looks.

This is very popular type of canteen in Japan. It can be used for hot or cold beverage. I have seen a lot of  mug cup type bottles here in the U.S. but I like this one which has lid and you can use the lid as you cup.  This really keep the hot drinks hot for a long time.

I used to have this kind of canteen when I was a little but I hadn't thought about it for a long time until I read Japanese popular book called "Kafka on the Shore" by Haruki Murakami. It is also translated into English. (He is a very popular Japanese writer and his stories are kind of strange but I like the way he write) Well, one of the character in this book is Mr. Nakata. He is a middle aged guy who can talk with cat. Anyway, he always carry these beverage canteen with tea in it everywhere he goes.

When I read about it, I wanted to do the same thing and now I bring this canteen everywhere I go. Even inside the house. I will carry it in front of computer when I am working on something, I bring it to the desk when I study, I bring it to the coffee table when i sit on sofa and read. Of course I can bring it outside when I go for a walk, when I go to the city (manhattan), when I drive. I mean wherever I go, I can bring this with me  and enjoy my favorite drink wherever I go.

I forgot about how useful and fun to bring this bottles to places. This is also environmentally friendly, I would say. I feel joy when I pour my favorite hot drinks in this tiny lid cup and drink it in a cold place. It makes me very happy. This is a simple happiness in life. I recommend this to everyone :-)

4 comments:

  1. This pasta dish looks so yummy, esp. with so many tails of shrimps.
    I have a thermal water bottle too. Very practical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This pasta dish looks incredibly delicious Mausi! And the shrimp looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angie,
    Thank you! I love Shrimps and the combination of garlic, tomato, basil and cheese are awesome! I am happy to hear that you like you thermal water bottle! That was the name for it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Catherine,
    Thank you! It was so good! I love Shrimp in anything!

    ReplyDelete