Monday, January 18, 2010

Late lunch at SOHO and shopping at Uniqlo

On the weekend, I went to Manhattan to see one of my friend. I don't go to SOHO area too much but there was this one restaurant I wanted to try in SOHO so we met up in a restaurant in SOHO.

We had a late lunch at a restaurant called "Il Corallo". It was a very small restaurant and there were quite a lot of people even though it was around 3:00pm when we arrived.

We had a glass of wine and some food to share.



Prosciutto and Mozzarella Cheese salad.


Carbonara


Penne with tomato and Mozzarella


The food was pretty good and the price was really reasonable. I was surprised how reasonable they were. I wonder how they can survive in SOHO with this pricing.

Anyway, we ate a lot and talked a lot. She always make me laugh so much. It is nice to have meal with lot of laugh. We hadn't seen each other for about 3 months so we had a lot to catch up.

After the lunch/dinner, we walked around a little bit and she had to go Uniqlo to buy some heat-tech undershirt and pants so I went with her.

Uniqlo is a popular Japanese brand and it is everywhere in Japan. The price is very reasonable and design is pretty simple so it appeals to different age groups. I also like Uniqlo and every time when I go to Japan, I buy some stuff from there.

I also love their heat-tech undershirt which is a very thin undershirt and with a special technique to keep the heat inside but still let the air go through. This is a wonderful undershirt and I ware this everyday for some years in winter. Since I wear this every day, I have many of them in different colors. I don't like wearing too much clothes but I don't like being cold so I wear this undershirt and then sweater. For me, this is perfect.

Anyway, there were so many people at Uniqlo. I was surprised how popular it is. Even in NY. The heat-tech undershirt and underpants were on sales. I did not have any under pants so I bought one to try it out. These ones are also very thin so you can wear them under your Jeans and stuff.

Before I met up with my friend, I stop by at Chelsea market. This is one of my favorite place to go. My favorite restaurant Spice Market is also near by. In Chelsea Market, there is a Thai restaurant and they sell maesri brand Thai curry paste which I talked about the other day in my blog. Click here for that post.  I went there and bought some Thai paste. And also this sweet Chili Sauce from Mae Ploy which my husband love!

















Also, every time when I go there, I have to get this brownie from Fat Witch. I think their brownie is the best brownie I have ever eaten. I bought one for me and one for my friend. They have many different kind of brownies but I like the original one. If you have a chance, try this brownie :-)


There were also many people at Chelsea Market. I think there were much less people here a few years ago. I think this place is getting popular. And there is a new Mac store next to Chelsea Market so maybe that is one of the reason why Chelsea Market is more crowded than before. I think it is a fun place to go for all the foodies :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment