Saturday, February 20, 2010

My mother-in-law's superb Maple syrup dressing recipe

Have you ever tried Maple syrup dressing? I tried it for the first time when I went to visit my parents in law in Germany. When I first tried it, I liked the taste but I did not know what is in it. I asked my mother-in-law and she told me that it is maple syrup dressing and it is her favorite. I was quite surprised to the idea of using maple syrup in salad dressing because I never thought about the combination. But it was very good and I liked it so much. I asked my mother-in-law for the recipe and I have been making this at home ever since. This salad dressing is perfect for a simple salad.

Here is the recipe

Maple syrup dressing
Maple syrup    2 table spoon
White Balsamic Vinegar   3~4 table spoon
Olive Oil          2 table spoon
Salt & Pepper     for taste

Just mix above ingredients and pour it over your favorite salad.

I use empty glass bin to make salad dressing (if there is left over, I can just store in the fridge like that)
I call it Jamie Oliver way because I have seen him doing this on TV. Of course, it is OK to mix them in a bowl also.

This salad dressing is awesome! It is sweet and tangy and just how I like it. I hope you would like this also.

By the way, I also would like to show one of my favorite tool in the kitchen when I make salad. It is a salad spinner. I am sure a lot of people use it already but you just wash the salad leaves and put them in and push the handle on top and the bowl spins inside and dry the salad. Nobody want to eat soggy watery salad, right? So this is a perfect tool to make crisp salad. This one in the picture is the brand I use at home. It takes up quite a lot of space but if you have space, this will be a great tool for salad making!

6 comments:

  1. I never heard of Maple Syrup Dressing. That really sounds like it would be good. I just might have to give it a whirl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mausi San

    This dressing would surely make the salad taste great! Waiting for many more such recepies.

    Deepa
    http://hamareerasoi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dressing made with maple syrup must have tasted great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Stacie,
    Yes, it might be little unusual to add Maple Syrup to salad dressing but I love them! Please give it a try sometimes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deepa san,
    Thank you! This is an easy great recipe. Hope you like it also!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Angie,
    Yes, It taste really good. I like it a lot. Please try it somteimes if you have a chance!

    ReplyDelete