Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Blue Cheese with Truffle Honey Bruschetta


When I think of Bruschetta, I used to think only tomato and basil. I even thought that bruschetta has to be with tomato and basil. Well, one bruschetta in a Manhattan restaurant changed my concept for bruschetta. This bruschetta had some kind of cheese (sheep or goat or something like that) and truffle honey on top. First of all, I did not know the existence of truffle honey. Second of all, the combination of cheese and truffle honey was divine!

It seemed easy enough to make it at home so I decided to try.

Well, the most difficult part of this dish was trying to find truffle honey. I couldn't find them in any local super market. I see truffle oil everywhere but wasn't able to find truffle honey. By searching on-line, I found that most of the truffle honey come from Italy to the U.S. The first thing it came to my mind was the italian grocery store in Chelsea Market in Manhattan. So I went there the other day to check it out.

And, here it is. Truffle honey!
I was quite impressed with myself thinking about this grocery store. I gave myself a pad on the back :-) This item is not cheap but this is not something you eat everyday and it will last for a while so I think it is OK. (I am trying to convince myself that it is OK to buy this expensive honey :-)

Another problem is the cheese which I don't quite remember exactly what cheese it was. I believe it was something like sheep or goat cheese. However, I decided to try it with blue cheese since I love blue cheese.

It is super easy to make once you have all the ingredients. I just sliced baguette and broiled for a few minutes to toast it. And then added blue cheese and truffle honey on top.


This also reminds me some appetizer which I had at an art show somewhere. It was cream cheese with fig jam. I would like to make that one also. Anyway, I ate this wonderful bruschetta watching super bowl. Somehow, I managed to fall a sleep during the super bowl game but I ate all the bruschetta before I fall a sleep :-)


The best part of this bruschetta is the truffle honey. It might be a bit difficult to find but if you find it, try it! It is really good :-)

16 comments:

  1. Lovely, that looks great and thanks for sharing. I know the feeling of ingenuity of having thought of picking up something or doing something you never heard before or thought of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummy ,sweet honey and tangy blue cheese would have made it divine. i had never heard about bruschetta with honey, will give it a try soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! Bruschetta for me is always tomato and basil, this one sounds unique and interesting and am sure wud taste divine too:) Have to get hold of truffle honey now:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to grab one from the screen! Blue cheese and truffle honey...gal, you for sure know how to enjoy the life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.. nice one!.. I too thought bruschetta's are made of just tomato and basil!.. and I din't know about the truffle honey too.. thank you for sharing the information and even more to have pictured it!.. sweet recipe:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. cheesy and easy....I'm feeling hungry :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm, this looks so good Mausi! makes me wish I could just take a slice from my screen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mausi.. I would like to share some awards with you please collect it from by blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nostalgia,
    Thank you. I like trying new food. Blue cheese and honey was surprisingly good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi Preethi,
    Thanks! Yes, if you have a chance, please try blue cheese and truffle honey! It is divine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Rachana,
    I know. I also thought tomato and basil but this is something different and also good! I hope you will find truffle honey somewhere near you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Angie,
    Yes, I am really enjoying my life. Eating good food makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Devi,
    Truffle honey is pretty new to me too. It is great. I am trying to think of some other way to use this divine honey.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Gulmohar,
    Your comment is so cute. It sounds like children's song. Maybe you can make a children's song with this lyrics!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Catherine,
    I wish you could just grab it out from the screen. It was really good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Devi,
    Thank you so much for the award! I will come and pick it up!

    ReplyDelete