Friday, June 11, 2010

Sauteed Pork with Balsamic sauce


I looked into freezer and found this beautiful thin sliced pork. I also had some onion and tomato which I need to use. I remember making chicken breast with balsamic graze which I found a recipe on food network website (Please click here for that post)

I wanted make something like that with pork. This is quite simple but burst of flavor.

Sauteed Pork with Balsamic sauce (for 2 people)
Thinly sliced pork    4 slices
Yellow Onion          2  (sliced)
Tomato                    1 large (diced)
Garlic                       2 cloves (crushed)
Balsamic vinegar     1/3 cup
Sugar                       1 table spoon
Olive Oil                 2 table spoon
Salt & Pepper          little bit
Rosemary                       little bit

1. Pound pork with meat tenderizer and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

2. In a frying pan, add 1 table spoon of olive oil and sauté sliced onion until soft.

3. When the onions are soft, add balsamic vinegar into the pan and simmer for about 3mins. Add sugar.

4. Add tomatoes into onion mixture and let it simmer for another 3mins or so.


5. In another frying pan, add 1 table spoon of olive oil with garlic cloves and saute the pork. Sprinkle some rosemary and saute each side for a few minutes.

6. When the meat is done, transfer to a plate and pour some of the balsamic sauce over.

This sauce is very intense so you don't need too much for these small piece of pork (I pour it over too much here...) I really like the sweet and sour balsamic flavor.

My husband also liked this dish a lot. He like any kind of sauce dish, I think. He thought this sauce has a plum since it was sweet and sour. He kept calling this plum sauce even after I told him that there is no plum in it. Anyway, he liked it so it is good.

This is a super easy dish with familiar ingredients. I think I will be making this more often. Maybe I will add some cream to it next time to make it milder.

1 comment:

  1. How about eating well cooked pork?
    A common misconception about pork is that if it is cooked well, these deadly bacteria/worms dies. In a research project undertaken in the United States, it was found that out of twenty-four people suffering from Trichura Tichurasis, twenty two had cooked the pork very well. This indicates ....

    http://www.islamicera.com/porkprohibited.htm

    ReplyDelete