Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Grilled Chicken Salad with Cilantro Dressing

Some people love Cilantro and some people hate it. I love Cilantro so I used it quite often for my cooking also.

When I go to Cheesecake Factory, I always order "Tostada Salad". I think dressing for this salad is cilantro dressing. It taste so good. This is how it looks. (It's huge)

I went to Trader Joe's the other day and bought cilantro salad dressing. Every time I go to Trader Joe's, I have to get this dressing because it is so good. Since it was really hot that day, I decided to make a crisp fresh salad for dinner using this cilantro dressing.
To volume things up, my husband grilled chicken breast on a grill outside. I marinade this chicken in lemon juice. It came out really tender and juicy. My husband is getting very good at grilling.

I mixed romaine salad, tomato, cucumber, corn and cilantro dressing topped with grilled chicken. Grilled chicken and cilantro dressing goes so well together. Its colorful and tasty.

Maybe I should try making this cilantro dressing on my own. It has cilantro, garlic, some kind of vinegar, olive oil and maybe heavy cream or something. I should give it a try.

By the way, I think kids are in summer break now. I remember that I had to do lots of homework during summer break when I was a kid. I didn't mind doing homework much and one of my favorite homework was book report. Many people hate it but I kind of like it because I like reading.

If I like a book, I would sometimes read more than once. It is rare to find that kind of book but when I find it, I get really excited and happy. Isn't it strange? or do you also read your favorite book over and over? If you have a book which you read over and over, please let me know!



Speaking of summer, there are many blockbuster movie coming out in summer. I realized that they made a movie from the book "Eat, Pray, Love" . Julia Roberts is starring. I would like to watch this movie because I read the book. I didn't like the main character of the book too much and in the beginning I didn't really understand why she has to go abroad to find herself but now I think sometimes it helps to place yourself in strange place, different people and different culture to find who you are.





Here is the trailer for the movie.


By the way, below is the movie which my husband want to watch. It is called "The Last Airbender". I am not sure about this one...  What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I am not a fan of cilantro at all and can smell it a mile away but I'm wondering.... This dressing might be just the thing to try. I will be looking for it on the next trip to TJ's!

    The Julia Roberts movie looks great and I definitely want to see it. Thanks for the trailer!!! I'm not sure about the other either but it might be really good! Looks like there is plenty of action! Thanks for all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that this salad is succulent. I hope to always read you !

    A friend from Madagascar !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to check on line to see if I can purchase that dressing. It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete