Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Chocolate Caramel Tart

Welcome to 7th Kitchen!
On Sunday night, a friend of ours invited us over for a dinner at her place. So I decided to make a dessert and bring it. I thought about what I should make and remembered that there was a dessert book which I borrowed from the library. This book is called "The Sweet Life" and it has beautiful pictures of sweets. I look through the book and my eyes stopped at a page with "Chocolate Caramel Tart". I love Tart better than cake or pie and everybody loves chocolate plus I had all the ingredients in my kitchen so I decided to make this.

Well, I think I made this mistake before but I should have read through the recipe a few days before. Of course, I didn't. I thought "Well, the dinner is at 5:00pm. If I start at 11:00am or so there should be plenty of time to relax and get ready before we go.

So, I started around 11:00 am. Then, I realized that I have to rest the Tart dough in a fridge for at least 2 hours to overnight. I should have done this the night before! Then, after resting the dough, I line it in the Tart pan and had to leave it in the freezer for 30mins before even do the blind-bake. Then, you do the blind- bake which is 30mins with the weight and rest for 10mins and 15 more mins without the weight. Then, you can finally add the filling the bake.

Also, I run out of confectioner's sugar during the process so I have to send my husband to buy it. And this was my first time making caramel so I was not sure if I was doing everything right. I stand next to the stove, go back to the book and read again then back to the stove. I repeated this so many times. Therefore, it tool more time than I have expected.

So, my tart was out of oven at around 4:30pm. I am glad that I was able to finish it before 5:00pm. Luckily, her place was about 5 mins drive from our place so I had time to cool the Tart little bit.

Anyway, this chocolate Caramel Tart was a hit! Everyone liked it and I liked it also. I think it was worth the effort.

Good thing is that the recipe for the Tart dough is for two Tart so I have one more dough in the freezer, standing by. Next time, it will be much quicker because I don't need to make the dough.

Well, the dinner was awesome and we had lots of fun.

If you are interesting in the book I used, here is the link for the book on Amazon.

4 comments:

  1. Simply Delectable!!!!. Love your Presentation. Ur pictures are clear and beautiful.Its like I can almost touch ur dish. I've taste carmel trat but never made it though.. will try this..Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Kothiyavunu,
    Thank you for your nice words. Taking good photo is something I am trying to improve. I really appreciate your compliments. I think good lighting make a big difference in photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is one good looking.. tart..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nostalgia,
    Thank you for your compliment. I lobe tart better than cakes or pies :-)

    ReplyDelete