Thursday, November 12, 2009

Ramen noodle and fried rice with leftover pulled pork

Welcome to 7th Kitchen!

I still had some pulled pork leftover from the other day in my fridge so I decided to make something using there leftover pulled pork. Easiest thing I can make with these pork was ramen noodle and fried rice.

My pulled pork was not really pulled pork since I could not pull and it was more like sliced roast pork. In Japan, we often use sliced roast pork for ramen noodle so I used my pulled pork for it and added some green onion which is still growing in my garden (container) in this cold winter weather. I learned from my mom that if I buy green onion, keep the roots and plant it. This is working really well. It grows really quickly and even in this cold weather. I don't remember when was the last time I bought green onion.

Then, I made fried rice with pulled pork leftover, leftover collard green, carrots, onion, egg, corn, ginger and garlic. Fried rice is a great way to use leftover vegetables in your fridge. Since the collard green and pulled pork already had some flavor to it, I don't really have to add too much seasoning to this fried rice.


I know it is all carbohydrate but I love carbohydrate. Plus, it has some meat and vegetable in it so I would say it is OK.

Today, I made Chai for the first time this winter. I love Chai. I use cloves, cardamom, cinnamon in my Chai. Chai taste really great when it cold outside. Well, any hot beverage taste good when it is cold outside, I guess. I also like drinking hot apple cider in winter. It is great to add whipped cream and caramel sauce in a hot apple cider. It is heavenly. It makes my body and heart warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment