Friday, November 13, 2009

Thai Lunch


Welcome to 7th Kitchen!

I had lunch with my friend today and we went to Thai restaurant. We have been to this restaurant before and it is our favorite restaurant. I have not eaten Thai food for a while so I was really excited. Normally, I don't order Thai curry in Thai restaurant because it is something I can make at home. But yesterday I was craving for something spicy so I ordered red chicken curry. This was quite spicy. My body was getting really warm after eating this.


I love Thai food. This made me want to make Thai food at home. Maybe I will make Thai curry this weekend. It is quite easy and always good. (I use Thai curry paste)

Anyway, the weather was horrible yesterday (and also today) but I had a great time with my friend catching up. She has two kids so she is pretty busy. It was interesting to learn how busy the parents can be when your kids are into some kind of sports or something like that. It is great that your kids have something that they are passionate about and something they enjoy but the parents also has to commit to that since they have to take their kids to practice all the time and they also have to take the kids to the games on the weekends.

I remember my boss used to tell me that he need to drive their kids and other member of the team to the games on the weekends and around the fall it was almost every weekend. He had no time to rest and relax. Sometimes he even had to drive to a different state. It is a lot of work but the parents always want the best for their kids so they do whatever to support their kids for what their kids want. It is not a easy job to be a parent but I think it is a very rewarding and satisfying job.

Anyhow, it is cold and windy and rainy again in NY. Maybe I will make something warm and comforting tonight. Such as Macaroni and cheese??? Yummy!

10 comments:

  1. Hi Mausi,
    I also love Thai food a lot. Have you ever tried the green curry? Is also very good. My Prawns in Claypot is also a Thai dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Anncoo, I love green curry also! I buy different kind of Thai curry paste. It is so easy with the paste. ANyway, I will check out your prawns in claypot. It sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Thai food..Count me in :-)Really happy to find your beautiful space. Maybe I could start preparing Thai food at home from now on :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gulmohar,
    Thank you for your compliment! Yes, Thai curry is easy when you have Thai curry paste. You can just add some of your favorite vegetable and meat and coconut milk and the paste. You will be able to cook delicious Thai curry at home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lady Boheme,
    Thank you very much for your compliment! I try to take good pictures but I only have regular digital camera so it is sometimes limited but I will keep trying to take appealing pictures! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a nice blog. You can visit my blog and give ur comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Kitchen queen for your nice comment. I would love to visit your blog also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too love Thai flavoring! Happy BLogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Catherine,
    Thank you! Yes, when you use the Thai curry paste, everything taste like Thai food! It is very convenient paste.

    ReplyDelete