Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Sausage & Bell Pepper, Onion and shiitake mushroom

This is our dinner from Monday. It is just Italian sausages and bell peppers, onion and shiitake mushroom. Sometimes I make this dish. This is something my former roommate used to make on weekend. It is simple and easy and good.

I saute onion and bell peppers really well so it is caramelized and taste excellent.

I cook sausage in a little bit of water in a pan then add vegetables and saute for a while because I want to cook though the sausages all the way. This trick I leaned from an Indian lady I used to live with. She taught me a lot of stuff and I am very thankful :-)

I added Shiitake Mushroom this time because I found them in a supermarket. They don't carry it all the time so if I see it in the store, I buy them. I love shiitake mushroom. It is very tasty mushroom. If you don't like mushroom, it might be too strong for you but if you like mushroom, you would love it!


2 comments:

  1. That looks scrumptious and and appetizing!!Perfect with rice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kothiyavunu,
    Yes, I like eating the sausage and pepper with rice :-) I know that sausage is not so great for your health but I just have to have it sometimes!

    ReplyDelete