Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Chicken Milanese

Welcome to 7th Kitchen!

We had two pieces of chicken fillet left in our fridge from yesterday so I had to use these two pieces of chicken cutlet. I decided to make Chicken Milanese.




Here is how I made them.

For 2
Ingredients
Chicken fillet 2 pieces
Flour 1/4 cup
Egg 1
Bread Crumbs 2/3 cup
Salt & Pepper 1 tea spoon
Arugula 1 cup
Rome Tomato 1
Shallot 1
Cucumber 1/2
Olive Oil 3 table spoons
Lemon Juice 1/2 lemon
Honey 1 table spoon
Olive oil for pan frying 2 table spoon
Butter 1 table spoon


1. Prepare flour, egg and bread crumbs in a shallow container, separately.

2. Sprinkle salt and pepper to the chicken. Coat chicken with flour, then, egg and then bread crumbs. Leave it on a flat surface.

3. Cut Tomato, cucumber and shallots into dices.

4. Mix lemon juice, olive oil, honey, salt and pepper in a bowl. Add tomato, cucumber and shallots and mix with the dressing.

5. Add 2 table spoon of olive oil and 1 table spoon of butter in a pan and wait until it gets hot.

6. When the pan is hot, add chicken and pan fry them until it is golden brown. Flip them and cook the other side also.

7. Mix Arugula into the tomato, cucumber bowl and mix it well.

8. Place chicken on a plate and put the salad on top of the chicken.

9. Add Parmesan cheese shaves if you would like. (I did not do this yesterday but it could have been great if I did)

I only had Japanese bread crumb (Panko) so I used that but I think it works with any kind of bread crumbs. It was crispy and really good. I like having tanginess (the salad, in this case) with my cutlet. I think it balances out very well.


For the side, I made garlic toast (again!!!). I wonder when will I be tired of these garlic toast. So far, I am not tired of them :-)

Have a happy cooking!

2 comments:

  1. hi ..
    new here

    very wondeful dish..one doubt for this recipe when u said chicken cutlet did u mean the prepared chicken cutlet or chicken fillets..if using chicken cutlet isnt it allready coated with bread crumbs..
    i loved ur other recipes..following u..
    plz drop my blog when u get the time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Saju,
    Thank you for pointing that out! I meant chicken fillet. I fixed my post so there is no confusion. Sorry about that and thank you! Also, Thank you for following!

    ReplyDelete