Sunday, November 15, 2009

Mac & Cheese with onion, mushroom and bacon

Welcome to 7th Kitchen!

On Friday night, it was quite cold outside (strong wind and rain) so I wanted to make something very comforting. I decided to make Mac & Cheese. I have never made Mac & Cheese from scratch so I am not sure if this is how you make Mac & Cheese but it came out pretty good. Here is how I made.

Ingredients
Yellow Onion 2
Bacon 4 strips
Mushroom 1 package
Macaroni Half a package
Butter about 3 table spoons
Flour about 5 table spoons
Milk about 1 cup
Heavy cream about 3 table spoons
Cheese about 6oz
Salt & Pepper

1. Boil Macaroni in a hot water until al dente. Meanwhile, cut onions, bacon and Mushroom into thin slices and saute in a pan. Season with salt & Pepper.

2. Make white sauce in a small pot. Melt butter, add some flour, add some milk, stir and repeat the flour and milk process until the sauce amount will be about 1 cup. Stir constantly so the sauce will not burn.

3. Mix onion, bacon and Mushroom with Macaroni and white sauce then pour some heavy cream and cover it with cheese



4. Place them into a casserole dish and bake it in a 350F oven for about 30mins.

5. Serve while it is hot!

I used mix of Mozzarella cheese, Monterey Jack and Cheddar. You can use your favorite cheese. If you prefer, you can use more cheese and make it more cheesy.

It is easy but satisfying meal. Everybody loves Macaroni & Cheese, right?

We had it with a side of arugula salad. I made this dressing which my mother in-law taught me. It is with Olive oil, white vinegar, maple syrup and salt and pepper. It is really really good and I make this dressing quite often for my salad.



3 comments:

  1. Wow....absolutely delicious...some of my favorite ingredients combined in a dish!I am trying this for sure.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kothiyavunu,
    Thank you. Yes, this is also my favorite ingredients combined.It can not go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love a steamy hot macaroni cheese on a cold night. And with those extra ingredients this is gonna be delicious! ☺

    ReplyDelete