Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Creamy corn vegetable soup

Welcome to 7th Kitchen!

I love watching Food Network on Saturday morning because they have many new episodes. Not a re-run. My favorite used to be a show from Jamie Oliver (I love his accent and how he gets excited about the ingredients) but they are not showing his show any more. I wish they start his show again. Well, now, I like "Secrets of a restaurant chef" with Ann Burrell.

Anyway, last Saturday morning, I was watching Food network and they were showing Ellie Krieger and she was making creamy corn vegetable soup. I checked her recipe on their site and made a little change to it because I did not have frozen corn in my freezer but I had canned cream of corn. Here is her recipe. Click here.

I also added some carrots since I had carrots in my fridge. I think you can substitute of vegetable as you like. I also used whole milk. It was really sweet and good! I loved this soup. It was easy, quick and tasty and looks pretty.

I also made garlic toast again since I really liked the one I made the other day. This is also easy. You slice french baguette, rub raw garlic, sprinkle extra virgin olive oil, put it under broiler for about 5mins or so until golden brown, take it out, rub more raw garlic. That's it. This is awesome for a garlic lover!

In the freezer, I found some ice box cookie which I made quite a long time ago so I cut them and baked. It was still good! And the pattern I made came out pretty good, don't you think? It is cute cookies.

Yesterday, I borrowed cookbooks from the library. One is from Wolfgang puck who is one of my favorite chef. I have been to some of his restaurant and really liked his food. First time when I went to Spargo, I did not know anything about Wolfgang puck but the food was really good and I was really impressed. A few years later, I found out about Wolfgang puck and that Spargo was his restaurant. Since then, I also tried his restaurant in Minneapolis. When I went to this restaurant, the waiter told us that Wolfgang puck himself was there the night before! I was so jealous. I wanted to meet him in person!! Oh well, maybe some other time :-)

I tried one of his recipe from his website but I never read his cook book so I decided to borrow it and see if I like it or not. This is the book I borrowed.


The other book I borrowed is called "The Sweet Life" by Kate Zuckerman. This book is all about sweets. I don't make sweets too often but this book looked just beautiful and I just like looking at beautiful food pictures so I borrowed it. Maybe I will try something from this book also if I find something which looks easy and tasty.


I love Tart and some of the Tarts in this book looks so good! The Meyer Lemon Curd Tart, Fresh Huckleberry and Fig Tart or Chocolate Caramel Tart are the things I would love to try. Oh, I am getting hungry just by looking at them!

Cooking makes me happy. Happy cooking for everybody in the world!


4 comments:

  1. I love the vegetable soup, it is so colourful and the cookies also delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. Yes, I love the color of this soup. It is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a lovely soup,perfect for weather...Looks so healthy and delicious!Thank u for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kothiyavunu. Yes, this is perfect winter soup, I think. And the best part is it is easy to make!

    ReplyDelete