Tuesday, November 30, 2010

International Thanksgiving Pot Luck Party 2010

Nov 25 was Thanksgiving day here in U.S. and it is a day with family and friends. Normally, people eat Turkey on this special day but we normally have pot luck party without Turkey.

We invited some of our friends and ask them to bring whatever food from their country or whatever they like. The reason we don't roast turkey is that we tried it before and it just took so long to cook and it tasked OK but not spectacular. I guess I am not too keen on Turkey flavor..

Anyway, my husband and I made Lasagna and Banana pudding and Piggy in a blanket.

Lasagna is my husband dish which always comes out great!


I made banana pudding. This is also always a hit!



Then, I tried making piggy in a blanket for the first time. It is super easy appetizer and it looks kind of cute, I think. I just used Pillsbury Crescent roll and rolled up cocktail sausages and bake it in the oven for like 12mins.

Our friend bought lots of different stuff also.

A friend from Argentina and her husband brought empanada and chimichuri sauce. They even made the dough themselves. It had beef and garlic in it. It tasted really good. I love empanada.


Another friends from Romania brought roasted beef and potatoes. The beef was roasted for a long time so it was super tender and melt in my mouth. It was so good!



The other friends brought huge salad. This salad had bell pepper, broccoli, carrots, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber. They also brought special salad dressing which they made from scratch. It was great salad.


We ate all day, talked all day and watched American Foodball. It was so much fun and I love having pot luck party! It was another great Thanksgiving party this year. I hope we will have a nice Thanksgiving again next year and years to come!

3 comments:

  1. what a feast! Nice to know you had a great Thanksgiving. The banana pudding looks lovely.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your hsband. Nice to see you had a great time.
    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete