Friday, November 19, 2010

Healthy Broiled Mackerel Dinner

I had Mackerel in my freezer which I bought the other day when I went to a Japanese supermarket. I felt like eating something healthy so I decided to use this mackerel for dinner.

There are many ways to cook Mackerel. I thought about broiling, cooking with miso and frying and ended up using a very simple traditional Japanese way of eating. Just broiling with salt. I made rice, miso soup and also had fermented beans with the broiled mackerel. Now, this looks like a very traditional Japanese meal.



Before broiling the mackerel, I made a few slit on it and marinated with sake and salt for about 30mins.
Then, I washed it and sprinkle some salt and put them under a broiler.

I broiled each side for about 6mins each and it cake out perfectly.

It reminds me of home and it was really good quality mackerel. I loved it.

The only downside of this dish is that the house smells like fish after cooking. However, I have this air refresher from Fabreze which a scent of Gain. Gain is my favorite laundry detergent. I found this air refresher the other day and it has been great for eliminating unwanted odor in the house. Plus, your house smells like Gain! If you like the smell of Gain, I am sure that you will like this air refresher. The great thing is that it eliminates odor and leaves the good scents so it won't be mixed.

1 comment: