Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Delicious Pakistani Dinner

On Saturday, my husband and I went to see a musical "Jekylle & Hyde". Before going to the musical, we stop by at IKEA and check out some things and went for a dinner at this small Pakistani restaurant near by. It is a very small place but our friend recommended it so we decided to give it a try.

The restaurant is small but service was very nice and friendly. It is a Kebab place so we should have ordered some kebabs but we both ordered saucy dishes which we love.

First, we ordered vegetable samosa. It has lots of spices in it and was very good.

They brought out these green and white sauce. The green sauce was spicy but very tasty. The white sauce was garlicky and more like salad dressing which was also very tasty.

I ordered "Chicken Makhni" and my husband ordered "Chicken Tikka Masala". Both of them were really good. I love those dishes.

Also, I ordered one vegetable dish which is my favorite. "Bindh Masala". It is a okra dish and I just love this dish. This one was quite spicy but tasted really good!

I am Japanese so I have to have rice when I eat curry.

My husband LOVES Naan so of course he ordered Naan. Naan was very soft and fresh and was really really good.

I was quite surprised how much Naan my husband was able to eat. Normally, he is not a big eater but when it comes to bread, he can eat like there is no tomorrow.

After dinner, we enjoyed wonderful Pakistani tea. This tea was also delicious. It made us feel really happy for some reason.

I would definitely go back to this place again. Maybe, I will try some of the kebabs next time.

Then, we head to the musical and enjoyed the musical. This musical was shown at a university campus and was a small theater. I think we had the best seats in the house. All the seats were same price but when I bought the ticket, there were these two great seats available. We were lucky! A small theater is nice because you can see expression of the actors very well.

We had a another wonderful day!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see how much you enjoyed Pakistani food. For me chicken tikka masala is all time favourite.
    Take care.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely evening... everything seemed wonderful .....

    Btw, excellent choice for dinner!

    Sawadee from Bangkok,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete