Thursday, November 11, 2010

Trader Joe's Flammkuchen & Our Tomato Bruschetta

A few years ago, I visited a town which was a border of Germany and France. (I forgot the name of the town) and had their famous flammkuchen. I loved it so much. It looks kind of like pizza but it is very thin crust and comes with cream and bacon and caramelized onion. Oh, it was heavenly.

Since then, every time I go to Germany and find flammkuchen at a restaurant or cafe, I have to have it.

The other day, I went to Trader Joe's and found this flammkuchen in their frozen section. I immediately have to buy it. Then, I tried it that night. Since it was a frozen flammkuchen, I didn't have too much expectation, however this flammkuchen was really good!

It was creamy and bit tangy and sweet and salty at the same time. I definitely buy this again when I go to Trader Joe's next time. I love Trader Joe's!!

Well, flammkuchen was bit too small for two people so I also made tomato bruschetta. This is something I make quite often and it is easy but always good.

I just cut some baguette and drizzle olive oil and bake them in the broiler until it is crispy. Then, rub some garlic on it while it is hot. Then top with chopped tomato and mozzarella mixed with some olive oil and vinegar with salt and pepper. Oh, I also add some basil to it.

Easy yet delicious and fun!

It was such an easy dinner but very satisfying and delicious. Oh, I really want to eat that flammkuchen again! Trader Joe's, here I come!

1 comment: