Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Spinach bacon salad


Welcome to 7th Kitchen!

Last night, we had salad for dinner. I first had this salad when I was a college student. My Japanese friend made this for me and I really loved it so I make this sometimes since them.

It is quite simple but it has bacon in it so it is quite satisfying. You can have this with some piece of bread if you like.

This salad has baby spinach, bacon, onion, tomato.

You cut and sauté bacon with sesame oil in a pan and add some vinegar, soy sauce and sugar in it. Then pour them over the salad. You have to eat it right away.

This salad reminds me a lot of my college days. We had so much fun. We would gather at somebody's apartment and just eat and drink all night, talking about nothing but silly stuff. If you think about it, it seems like we wasted a lot of time joking around but I think it was important for me to have those silly times with them. Often times, those silly times are the best memory of your life.

I am very grateful that I met so many great people in my life. I hope I will be able to keep in touch with them for a long long time.

Since I love eating, I realized that often times I connect my memories with food. Certain food reminds me of some people or some situation. I have good memory when it comes to food and restaurants. It seems like my good memory is limited to those two categories. I wish I had good memory in other area also. Oh well :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment