Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Spaghettii Meatsauce


Welcome to 7th Kitchen!
Once in a while, I make a big batch of meat sauce and freeze them. My meat sauce has so much vegetables in it. I chop onion, carrots, celery, bell pepper, mushroom and zucchini. Since it will be cooked in a pot for a few hours, some of the vegetables simply melt in the sauce. If your kid doesn't like eating vegetables, I think this might be a good way to trick them.



Vegetables give sweet flavors to the sauce. For the meat part, I used a combination of beef, veal and pork. Supermarket sell this combination ground meat for meatloaf. I like this combination because it seems like there is more deep flavor. I add some red wine, tomato paste, tomato puree, diced tomato, Chili sauce (from Heinz)butter, heavy cream, nutmeg, thyme, oregano, sugar, cinnamon, salt and pepper.

I make this sauce in a large pot so there are about 3~4 freezer packs which I can make from this batch. It is quite time consuming to make this sauce but once you add everything in, you just need to simmer it for about 90mins so it is quite easy.

When you eat this sauce with pasta, I add parmigiana cheese on top. Since the sauce is quite sweet, it is perfect when you add cheese on top when you eat them. I love this meat sauce. Plus, I can take so many different kind of vegetables from this one dish.


4 comments:

  1. This sounds an easy recipe, as you said simple is the best! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anncoo. Yes, it is quite easy. I mean there are lots of ingredients but it is easy. I added some red wine, tomato paste, tomato puree, diced tomato, chili sauce (from HEINZ)butter, heavy cream. For spices, I used thyme, oregano, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, salt and pepper. You can flavor them as you like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also added some chicken stock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elise,
    Thank you for your comment! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed my blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete