Monday, September 7, 2009

Shrimp Scampi and Labor day weekend



Welcome to 7th Kitchen

This weekend is a labor day weekend and it is a long weekend. Everybody is trying to enjoy the last long weekend of the summer. We are also enjoying this beautiful weekend.

We went to beach today and yesterday. It was very windy and we could not stay too long at the beach but it was also nice to hear the ocean and read books and enjoy each other's company on these beautiful days. It is not cold yet but I definitely felt the wind of fall.

I love summer so it is sad for me to feel Autumn, but on a bright side, there are so many great vegetables and fruits in the fall such as mushrooms, butternut squash, apples, etc. I love going upstate NY in fall to pick some apples and enjoy hot apple cider in a country side. This is one of the things I enjoy in the East. I used to live in California and I had never went to apple picking while I was in California. So even though I miss California weather, I also enjoy apple picking in NY :-)

Anyhow, today, I made Shrimp Scampi. Shrimp is one of my favorite ingredients. I love Shrimp and garlic combination. This Shrimp Scampi is one of the many dishes I learned from a Indian lady I used to live with.

It is very simple with garlic, red chili flakes, butter, cream, lemon juice, white wine and peserly. It does not take long to cook Shrimp so this is a very quick dish. This is good with pasta or rice.

It is creamy but not too heavy and lemony flavor makes it very light.

The other Shrimp dish I like is Shrimp Tempura. I haven't made tempura for about 3 years. Maybe I should consider making it again sometime this year :-)


2 comments:

  1. I love prawns! Would like to add this in my to do list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anncoo,

    Thank you very much for your comment!
    I love prawns also! There are so many things you can do with prawns. I will try to make more prawn dish :-)

    ReplyDelete