Thursday, September 10, 2009

Mexican Flavored Chicken with Zucchini and Mushroom


Welcome to 7th Kitchen!

This chicken is kind of Mexican flavored and it goes well with rice. I don't remember where I got this recipe but I think I changed it a few times and came up with this recipe. However, my measurement is not precise so the taste changes a little bit every time I make this.

Here is the basic recipe but you can adjust the amount of spices as you like.

For 2 people
2 boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into stripes)
1 zucchini
1/2 pack of Mushroom
1/2 onion
2 lemons
3 table spoon cumin powder
2 table spoon paprika
2 table spoon coriander seeds (grind)
2 tea spoon cayenne pepper
2 tea spoon salt
2 tea spoon black pepper
1 table spoon of vegetable oil

1. Cut the chicken into strips and put them in a container. Add lemon juice of 2 lemons, 2 table spoon of cumin powder, 1 table spoon of paprika, 1 table spoon of coriander seeds, 1 tea spoon of cayenne pepper, 1 tea spoon of salt and pepper. And refrigerate at least for 2 hours.

2. Cut Zucchini into half lengthwise and then slice into small pieces. Also slice mushrooms and onion.

3. In a flying pan, add some vegetable oil and add marinated chicken with the marinade.

4. When the chicken is cooked, add zucchini, mushroom and onion.

5. Add the rest of the spices into the pan.

6. When everything is cooked, turn the heat off and serve.

I love cumin so I use lots of cumin for this dish but if you don't like it, you can use less cumin.

I love flavor of Mexican food. When I was living in California, I used to go to Mexican restaurant quite often since there were so many good Mexican restaurant around. I haven't found a really good Mexican restaurant in NY yet.

Come to think of it, I haven't eaten Mexican food for a quite long time. Maybe it is time for me to go have some good tacos and burritos.



2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this...simple and one dish meal :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cooking is almost always simple and one dish :-)
    I would like to try making more than one dish for one meal but it is quite hard. I admire my mom who used to cook at least 3 dishes per meal :-)

    ReplyDelete