Friday, September 18, 2009

Cranberry and Pecan Scone

Welcome to 7th Kitchen!

I was reading Emi's cooking diary and saw a picture of good looking scones and I just had to make it for myself. The recipe asked for dried cranberry and walnuts. I did not have walnuts at home so I used pecan instead.

It came out perfectly. I never made scone before but I was surprised how easy it was. I think the combination of cranberry and pecan was also really good!

This is a picture of before baking.


After.

It is not too sweet and perfect texture. It is excellent when it warm but it is also very good when it is cold. I am so happy that I tried this. Thanks Emi for sharing the recipe you found.

I am pretty sure that I will be making this scone often. I wonder what other ingredients I can use for scone. I have dried current. Maybe I will use that next time. The recipe was for 12 scones but I made just a half.

Autumn is here and it is time to bake! The only problem is that we are only two people and whenever I bake something, we can not finish them. Often times, when I bake something, my husband have to bring them to work to share it with his co-workers. Or I share it with my neighbors.

My mom used to bake all the time. One of my favorite was her sweet potato pie. This one was kind of semi-homemade because she used pre-made mashed sweet potato and pie sheet. But it tasted so good! I would love to re-create this sweet potato pie this winter!

4 comments:

  1. Wow,your scone looks great! I can smell your tasty scone from here.... :)

    I can't wait to see your mom's sweet potato pie this winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great! Must learn from you and Emi :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emi,

    Thanks! This scone was really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anncoo,

    I am not a great baker but this scone was really good! You should try it also :-)

    ReplyDelete