Thursday, September 3, 2009

Pork Ginger & Oven fried potato

Welcome to 7th Kitchen!
Pork Ginger is a very popular home-cooked meal in Japan. Here is how you make it.

1. Make marinade. Grate ginger and garlic. Add soy sauce, Sake, Mirin and sugar. Mix well.

2. Add thinly sliced pork and thinly sliced onion in the marinade. Let sit for 30mins.

3. Heat a frying pan with vegetable oil, add pork and onion in the pan with the marinade.

4. Cook for about 20~15mins until pork and onions are done.

5. Serve with rice.



My husband and I love ginger so we put lots of ginger in this dish. Ginger is the one thing we almost always have at home. If you like ginger, I think you will like this dish. I was wondering how this dish will be with chicken. I never tried but maybe I should try it with chicken someday.

For the side, I made oven fried potatoes and boiled spinach.

I just cut those small potatoes into half and boiled in a pot for about 10 mins and then transfer to the baking sheet and sprinkle salt, rosemary, garlic powder, pepper and oil. Then stick it in the oven for about 20mins. It is simple and crispy and good.


I personally love combination of ginger and garlic. I use it quite often especially when I make marinade. It might be too strong for some people but it makes a great marinade with soy sauce, sake and sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment