Monday, November 15, 2010

Roasted Pear_butternut Soup & Chicken Salad Sandwich

I found these recipes again at Food Network website. I made roasted pear-butternut soup & chicken salad sandwich. It was very autumn like supper.

This soup has butternut squash and pear and tomato, etc and tasted really really good. It was creamy yet I didn't have to add any cream and it was also very refreshing because of pear.

First, I tossed vegetables with oil and salt, pepper.

Then, Arrange in a sheet pan.

Roast in the oven until soft.

Then, blend them in a mixer with chicken stock. That's it.

I really liked this soup. If you would like to make this. Click here for the recipe from Food Network Site. 


When I have soup, I crave for sandwich so I made chicken salad sandwich using the roasted chicken breast which I made when I made chicken flautas.


This chicken salad recipe is from Ina Garten from Food Network. Click here for her recipe from Food Network site. 

I cubed the roasted chicken breast.

Mixed with lots of other ingredients such as pecans, walnuts and grapes and made a sandwich with pumpernickel bread.


I loved the combination of chicken, nuts and grapes. This was perfect paring with pear-butternut soup.


Butternut squash is a great thing to make soup or sauce. I would love to try some other recipe using butternut squash while it is in season. I highly recommend this soup and sandwich!

2 comments:

  1. looks perfect for autumn, the pear must lend a unique taste too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wwow thats a very interesting and delectable soup and sandwich..makes me hungry..

    ReplyDelete