Friday, November 12, 2010

Marcela Valladorido's Crispy Chicken Mini-Tacos (Flautas)

I was watching "Mexican Made Easy" on Food Network and saw Marcela making this Crispy Chicken Mini-Tacos (Flautas). I love flautas. When I go to Mexican restaurant, sometimes I order flautas. But I never thought about making it at home since I thought it will be complicated. However, it looked simple enough for me to make when I watch her make them on TV, so I decided to give it a try. (Click here for her recipe on Food Network website)

This is how it came out. Isn't it pretty?


First, I baked bone-in skin-on chicken breast in the oven.

This is before.

And this is after.

I used two of them for my flautas. (I made something else with the other two chicken. I will post it next time) For Flautas, I shredded the chicken with my hands.

Then, roll these shredded chicken with corn tortilla and fry them. It came out pretty like this. (Use toothpick while you fry them so it will keep in shape)

Made salsa with tomato, onion and cilantro.

Pour them over Flautas with some shredded lettuce and sour cream!


I really loved this dish. It looks pretty and taste good and easy to make. I also added some store bought salsa on top to add more flavor. I think I can also add some guacamole or mango salsa or something like that to boost flavors. This is a great dish for snack or meal. I will be making this again for sure!

5 comments:

  1. such a cute presentation! they look super yummy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eyes just died and went to heaven! This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tacos look awesome. You are right . It is very easy to make as well.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,

    The chicken mini tacos look wonderful...Wanna grab some rite now...:)

    Dr.Sameena@

    http://www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete