Monday, December 28, 2009

Shopping day in Manhattan

My parents-in-laws took us to a shopping yesterday. First, we went to Manhattan and hit the 5th Ave. 

There are so many people in Manhattan but it was very warm and nice day yesterday so we just walked around and bought some clothes from some stores.

We had late lunch at this cake shop called Damel in the Plaza. It is underground level and you can not see it from the outside so it is little bit difficult to find but I was there before so we did not have any problem. We were lucky with getting a table and we had light lunch and cakes.

My mother-in-law and I had salmon wrap. This salmon wrap was so good. The smoked salmon was very moist and tender and perfect balance with arugula and mustard. It was really really good. I was so impressed with this salmon warp.



My father-in-law and my husband had chicken warp. They liked it. I tried it and like it but I think my salmon wrap was much better :-)



Then, we had cakes.

I had Black Forest cake. This was really good. I love Black Forest Cake. I tried to make it at home once was it did not cake out as I hoped for. I think it might be better for me to buy Black Forest Cake than to make it.



My mother-in-law had petit black forest cake.


My father-in-law had cheese cake.


My husband had Vanilla layers.


After late lunch and cake, we decided to head back toward home and hit the mall close to where we live.

Here we bought more stuff and were pretty happy with what we were able to get.

Then, after all the shopping is done, we went for dinner at a Mexican restaurant. This is a restaurant which I wanted try but hadn't tried yet. The restaurant has very nice atmosphere.

First we had Cheese dip appetizer.



Then, My mother-in-law and I had beef tacos.



My father-in-law had Carne Asada.



My husband had Chile Rellenos.



We ate so much and we were so full. They gave us some Churroz to take it home. It was freshly fried so it was really hot. We were full but since the Churroz was freshly made, we ate a bite each and brought rest home.

The shopping day was great. There were so many people shopping and I wonder if we are really in recession. People are buying lots of stuff! It was great and I had a great time. I hope my parents-in-law also had fun. I really appreciate their generosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment