Thursday, July 15, 2010

Ginger Scallion Noodle, Fried Shrimp & Egg Bowl and Boiled Broccoli

Normally, I made only one dish for one meal but this time I made three different dishes for one meal! Ginger Scallion noodle and Fried Shrimp with Egg bowl (from Shrimp leftover from the night before) and boiled broccoli.

First, Ginger Scallion Noodle. This dish is from a restaurant called "Momofuku" in NY. I have not been there yet but I borrowed cookbook of Momofuku and many of the dishes looked really good. I would love to try this restaurant sometimes.




This is the Momofuku cook book. For me, some of the dishes seems a bit too complicated but I found some which are simple enough for me. This Ginger Scallion Noodle is one of them.

I was supposed to add some topping on the noodle such as pickled cucumber and sauteed cauliflower but I skipped them since I didn't have them at home :-)

I found this ginger scallion noodle recipe on the internet also so I link it here. 




It has quite a lot of ginger (which I love) and has some sherry vinegar so it is quite refreshing noodle. ( I added more sherry vinegar than it was required) 



This is the ginger scallion sauce I made.

And, Fried Shrimp with Egg bowl. This is a remake from the leftover fried shrimp from previous night. (Click here for the previous post) I just cooked some onion in soy sauce and sugar and sake then add egg in it and pour over the bowl of rice with the left over shrimp. 

Then boiled broccoli. This is just boiled and salted. Nothing special but I like it. I can just eat this as a snack. I like leaving in them in the fridge and make it cold before I eat. 

My husband also liked the ginger scallion noodle. I have to go to Momofuku sometimes and try the real one. But Momofuku is famous for its ramen noodle so I might eat ramen noodle if I go there. It is a Japanese name but the owner/chef is a Korean American chef named David Chang. He is quite famous and has many restaurants in NYC. I read that he lived in Japan for a while to learn how to make ramen noodle. I would love to try his ramen noodle! 

3 comments:

  1. I love all kinds of noodles and ur version luks fantastic...

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three dishes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mausi
    i accidentally came across ur blog ... u got a lovely space ... ur chinese and japanese recipes looks delicious... i love chinese food but never got a chance to know or try japanese food...i will a regular visitor to ur blog : )to learn more about japanese and chinese food

    if u get time do visit my blog

    Satya
    http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

    ReplyDelete