Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Indian Butter Chicken


Since I still have some sweet saffron pilaf from the weekend, I decided to make some Butter Chicken to eat the pilaf with. I used the spice mix which I bought the other day.

This is the spice mix I used this time. I had never used this brand before.

First, saute chicken in butter and add this mix with tomato paste.

Add milk and cook more.

Add heavy cream at the end and serve with some rice.

It tasted really good but it was a bit too salty for my taste. Maybe I should add more milk or heavy cream. It was good that the rice was sweet so it evened out.

We had salad with it also. It is just simple salad with lettuce, corn and tomato with cilantro dressing. Tomato is from my garden!

We are having heat wave in NY. Yesterday, we had 98F. It was so hot. I think it will get better today. And we have Germany vs Spain game today! The whole neighborhood is cheering for Germany now because of us :-) I hope they will have a good game today!

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. I came across your blog whilst reading another blog. how do you do?
    The chicken looks delish!
    I'll be watching the game as well. Have a great one. Michael.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the platter n so the salad....looks so yum

    ReplyDelete