Friday, July 9, 2010

Penne with Tomato Sauce & Failed Bread Making


I would like to show two things I made last week. First one is Penne with tomato sauce. I used store bought tomato sauce so it is super easy. But I added some sautéed onion, garlic, cherry tomatoes and fresh basil. This makes a huge difference.

My husband loves pasta and he likes those simple pasta very much so he was happy to have this.

Also, I baked bread last week. Or attempted to make one. It didn't come out well and it is a bit embarrassing to show how bad it was but I will show it anyway. Here it is.

Can you tell how thin it is? I was trying to make regular sandwich bread but this is what came out from the oven. It was so thin that I had to laugh.

The taste was good and my husband loves bread also so he was eating this happily despite the shape.

I just wonder how this happened. When I had the second rise, it was rising up properly and pretty big but when I baked, it shrank. I have no idea what I did wrong. Oh well, bread making is not easy and I still need a lot more practice to master this. I hope someday I can make a perfect sandwich bread at home.

3 comments:

  1. The pasta looks delicious and the bread looks good also. Did it rise too long, what about the pan size, expired yeast? Bread baking has so many variables but I love to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam,
    Thanks for your compliment. I am not sure why the bread didn't come out as I hoped. Rise time was normal and the pan size was same as usual. The only thing which might have been a factor was that I used yeast which was already open. Do you think it affect the result? Bread making is difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. The pasta looks great. I love pasta.
    And sorry about the bread, but who cares about the look, it's all about the taste. :)
    Have a great weekend. Michael

    ReplyDelete