Friday, July 30, 2010

A Week with my sister (Part 1)

I hadn't updated my blog for a while because my sister was visiting me from Japan. She spent one week with us here in NY. It felt like such a short time but we had a lot of fun and I was very happy to spend some time with my favorite sister in the whole world.

My sister and I always had a good relationship ever since we were little. I think we are getting closer and closer as we get older. I am always very thankful that I have my sister in my life. She is the best sister in the whole world.

She has been always very nice and kind to me even when we were little. Every time when she go somewhere with her friends, she took me with her. This hasn't changed even when she was a teenager. Now when I think back, I would assume that teenagers want to spend time just with their friends and don't want your little sister around but my sister never complained about it and happy to take me everywhere with her. This is something I really appreciate.

I think she had to be very patient just because she was older than me. She never acted big or never tried to control me even she is older than me. (Sometimes, I act as if I am her older sister :-) She is very nice and kind and respectful to me all the time. It is great to have a sister in my life. I have no doubt that we will continue to have a great relationship despite the physical distance we have in between.

Anyway, when my sister was here, we had restaurant week in NYC. We went to two of the restaurants which I wanted to try.

One of them was called "Kittichai"(There will be sound with their website) . This is a modern Thai restaurant in Soho.

My sister had some kind of noodle. This was OK. It is very light and has some distinct flavor.

I had shrimp fried rice. This was something different from what I had expected. It tasted good but I think there were too much shrimp roe in my opinion.

We had fish cake for appetizer and this was really good but we forgot to take photo....

The restaurant has very nice decor and I like the atmosphere. They also have outside seating which might be nice on a cool sunny day or night.

I will post the other restaurant we went during the restaurant week on next post.

There are other things we ate during her stay. One of them was a burger from "Shake Shack". (There will be sound when you open the site). I went to this famous burger place for the first time just about a month ago and really liked it so I decided to take my sister there. We were not too hungry so we shared one shack burger. My sister like it a lot!

Also, we went to Cheesecake Factory.

I recommended "Bang Bang Chicken & Shrimp" to my sister and that's what she had.

I had my favorite "Tostada Salad"

My husband had chicken salad sandwich and smoothie.


Of course we can not finish all these so we took them home and ate next day again!

On the next post, I will talk about the other restaurant which we went during the restaurant week.

1 comment:

  1. wow. looks like you and your sister had a lot of fun! I've been to NYC once, about five years ago, and I'd love to come back.

    Have a great day. Michael

    ReplyDelete