Saturday, March 6, 2010

Three kind of mushroom risotto recipe

I love mushrooms and ever time when I go to a Japanese grocery store, I purchase different kinds of mushroom.

This time I bought Maitake,

shimeji,

and Shiitake mushrooms.

I would like to enjoy the mushroom flavor so I thought about what will be the best dish to have intense mushroom flavor. My favorite mushroom dishes are pasta & risotto. Last time when I bought different kinds of mushrooms, I made pasta so this time I decided to make risotto.

Three Kinds of Mushroom Risotto (2~3 serving)
Ingredients
Shiitake mushroom  4~5
Maitake Mushroom  1 pack
Shimeji Mushroom   1 pack
Garlic   3 cloves
Onion   1
Arborio rice    1 cup
Homemade Chicken stock  4~5 cups
Parmesan Cheese     3/4 cup
Soy Sauce   1 table spoon
Butter        3 table spoon
Olive Oil    3 table spoon
Red Chili flakes   1 tea spoon
White wine    1/2 cup + 2 table spoons
Salt & Peppers  for taste
Chives       2 table spoons
Truffle oil   (optional)

1. Cut mushrooms in to bite sizes. Chop onion and garlic.

2. Heat up  Chicken stock on stove and keep it warm .

3. In a frying pan, heat 2 table spoon of butter and 1 table spoon of olive oil. Add garlic and saute little bit, add mushroom and saute until soft. Then add salt, pepper, soy sauce, red chili flakes. When it is cooked, add 2 table spoons of white wine and let it evaporate. Turn the heat off.

4. In a pot, add 2 table spoon of olive oil. Add onion and saute till soft.

5. When the onion is soft, add rice and coat them with oil until the rice looks transparent. Then, add 1/2 cup of white wine and let it evaporate.

6. Add 1 ladleful of chicken stock and mix well until rice absorb the liquid. When rice absorb the liquid, add more chicken stock. One ladle at a time. repeat the process until rice is soft.

7. Add half of the sautéed mushroom, Parmesan cheese and 1 table spoon of butter and mix.

8. Serve on a plate. Sprinkle with chopped chives. If you would like you can also sprinkle Truffle oil.


This risotto is like a mushroom lover's dream. I like my risotto on a liquidly side but you can make it thicker if you would like. Once you learn how to make risotto, it is quite easy to make and you can make it with different kinds of ingredients if you like but for me, mushroom risotto is the best risotto.

4 comments:

  1. I have never tried risotto... but I love mushrooms... this looks like a great mushroom dish...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic Mausi! I'm going to try this soon!
    Have a beautiful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! mushrooms all over:) risotto looks absolutely great:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!!! yummy yumm!!!nice recipe too

    ReplyDelete