Thursday, March 18, 2010

Cherry tomato and Onion pasta

I had a pack of cherry tomato in my fridge and was thinking about how I should use all of it at once. I thought the easiest way was to use it for pasta so I decided to make pasta with cherry tomatoes.

This is a super easy dish. All you need is cherry tomato, onion, bacon, basil and pasta. Here is how I made it.

Cherry Tomato & Onion Pasta (for 3 people)
Ingredients
Cherry Tomato  1 pack
Onion                2 (big)
Bacon                4 slices
Basil                  1 cup (leave a few leaves for garnish)
Spaghetti                 350g
Olive Oil          2 table spoon

1. Chop onion into small pieces.

2. In a pan, add olive oil and heat up. Add chopped onion and saute until it is soft and little bit brown.

3. Start boiling spaghetti.

4. Add bacon and saute until bacon is cooked, then add cherry tomatoes. When tomato start to split up, crush them with the wooden spoon. (You can leave some of them as it is if you would prefer)

5. When it started to look like sauce, add basil and cook through.

6. Add boiled spaghetti into the pan with 2 ladle of pasta water from the pot and mix them well.

7. When it is all combined, serve on a plate with sprinkle of sliced basil leaves.

It was super easy but was very tasty. Sweetness from the onions, sweetness and tanginess from the cherry tomatoes and great flavor from bacon were perfect combination for this pasta. I think cherry tomato is much sweeter than regular tomato so I like using cherry tomato for pasta sauce because often time when I use regular tomato, it seems too tangy for me.

By the way, I realized that there are so many 3D movies lately. There is one more 3D movie which I would love to see. It is called "How to train your dragon". I think this movie is for kids but I am sure that I will enjoy it also and it seems like this will be a great movie in 3D.

   I also heard that there is a 3D TV. I don't know how it works. Do I need to wear that glasses at home if I have 3D TV at home?

The TV comes with the glasses?

Will it be 3D only when you watch 3D DVDs? or is there 3D TV shows?

I have no idea but I read in Japanese news that this will be a next new thing.
 I am not sure....

14 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this easy recipe. I love to add lots of tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mausi

    Your pasta looks so simple to cook yet looks very delicious.Very well presented as well.

    Deepa
    http://hamareerasoi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never had cherry tomatoes in something like this..sounds easy and delicious

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome..the time I went, my only time, to a chef party they served a similar version but ofcourse I don't know the recipe. This sounds and looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes!!!!!!!! i just happen to have loads of cherry tomatoes with me..so simple this ones a sure keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anncco,
    Thanks! Yes, I like adding lots of tomatoes also! This way I can eat more tomatoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Deepa,
    Thanks! I tried to leave a few cherry tomato in original shape so it looks cute on a plate :-) This was so easy yet yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi Gulmohar,
    Cherry tomato has more tense flavor, I think. Plus, it is sweeter in my opinion. I think you will like this recipe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Angie,
    Thanks. Yes, simple and delicious is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi Nostalgia,
    I am glad that you like the recipe! What is chef party by the way? It sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi S!
    Thank you for your comment. If you don't know what to do with all the cherry tomatoes in your fridge, this is a great solution! I hope you like it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. When the tomatoes are flavourful, such recipes are a joy to eat. I like this very much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love cherry tomatoes, Mausi...and it always tastes awesome in pasta dishes...I love the step-by-step pics too!!

    ReplyDelete