Monday, March 8, 2010

Pound cake with almond powder


I like making pound cake because it is easy and it reminds of my mom. I use the recipe which my mom gave me. Click here for my mom's pound cake recipe. 

This time, I made a little change though. Instead of 200g of flour, I used 100g of flour and 100g of almond powder. I was not sure how it will come out but I have seen people using almond powder for baking cakes so I gave it a try.

The result was pretty good. I think it is little bit more moist than just flour. I think I should have added little bit of lemon juice. Maybe next time. This pound cake is perfect with some tea or coffee. Having this pound cake and some hot drinks brings me right back to my childhood. I appreciate my mom making homemade snack instead of store bought chips or cookies.

10 comments:

  1. Oh Mausi, this pound cake looks so perfect. I also like to add almond powder in my cakes and muffin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any cake baked with almond flour tastes heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Cake looks perfectly baked and am sure wud taste awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Anncoo,
    You also add almond powder in your cake? Great! Its better texture I think :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah.
    Thanks! It was actually really good and moist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Angie,
    You also bake cakes with almond flour? I did not know this until recently but I am glad that I found out. It was good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Rachana,
    Thank you! Yes, it was good. Memories from my childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Monica,
    Thanks! I am sure that kids like this also! This is my favorite during my childhood and still is!

    ReplyDelete