Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Spice Rubbed Salmon with Green Goddess Rice and Sauteed Cauliflower

Normally, I eat Salmon with soy sauce but I wanted to try something little different this time. I used different kinds of spice which I had at home and made spice mix for salmon.

You can basically use any kind of spices of your choice but here is what I used.

Spice mix for salmon

Curry Powder  1 Tablespoon
Cumin Powder  1 Tablespoon
Paprika              1 Tablespoon
Salt                    1 TeaSpoon
Pepper               1 Tea Spoon
Gram Masala     1 Tea Spoon
Oregano             1 Tea Spoon
Garlic Powder    1 Tea Spoon

1. Sprinkle Olive Oil over Salmon Filet and rub above spice mix in.

2. In a oven safe frying pan with olive oil over middle heat, sauté salmon each side until it looks crispy.

3. Put the frying pan under broiler for about 5mins until it cooked all the way.

I served it with Green Goddess Rice and Sauteed Cauliflower.

I got Green Goddess rice recipe from Food Network website. If you are interested in this recipe, please click here to go to Food Network website. 

The rice is with Avocado & Basil. It is very refreshing rice.


I just sauteed cauliflower and did nothing special and it does not look too great but it tasted good so I post recipe here. It is super easy!

Sauteed Cauliflower
Ingredients
Cauliflower   1/2 head (cut into bite sizes)
Onion           1  (chopped)
Homemade Chicken Stock    1~2 cups
Salt              for taste
Oil               1 Table spoon

1. Add oil in a frying pan and sauté chopped onion until golden brown.

2. Add Cauliflower, chicken stock, salt and boil until chicken stock is reduced and cauliflower is soft.

This is it and you will have a tasty and healthy side dish. This way, I can eat quite a lot of cauliflower.


This has nothing to do with cooking but do you remember the TV show called "Twin Peaks"? It was popular when I was in Japan and it was quite a long time ago. The story is a murder mystery in a small town and it is very strange and creepy show. I don't know why I though about this show but I thought about it the other day and started renting DVDs. So now my husband and I are into this show and waiting for the DVD to arrive every day. My husband hasn't seen this show so this is first time watching it and he likes it so far so I am happy to watch it with him.

It is a David Lynch show and I have seen his other films but all of them are quite eccentric and kind of creepy. But I like his character development. All these characters in Twin Peaks are weird but quite interesting. I think I have seen all the shows and I even watched the movie but I don't think I really understand the show. Well, I will watch it again and hopefully I will understand this time :-)

8 comments:

  1. Hi Mausi San

    Salmon is my favorite sea fish. Your pics look yummy..Especially when you sprinkle oregano it looks wonderful..Also while watching such murder mysteries do keep your husband close by.. Never know when you need to hold on to him hard during creepy scenes..Just Joking.

    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rice made with basil and avocado...how unique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Yum! Your platter looks fantastic, especially the bright green colour of the rice makes me feel cooler, love the idea of adding avocado to the rice, would try ur version the next time.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the name 'green goddess' I do the same when I fry fish keep trying a couple of mix matches of ingredients and always be surprised by the altered flavors..good platter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deepa san,
    hahaha. Yes, I do keep my husband close by all the time. Even when we watch comedy :-) It is nice to have someone next to me to enjoy whatever I watch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Angie,
    Yes, that os exactly what I thought when I see this recipe on TV. It is very refreshing. I would say it is perfect for hot summer day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kothiyavnu,
    I agree that the green color is very pleasant on your eyes and I think this rice is good with something little spicy. My salmon was not spicy was it had lots of spices so it went well with this rice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nostalgia,
    I normally eat salmon with soy sauce but I wanted to try something different. I thought it will be good with lots of spices and it was! Next time. I want to make it spicier because it was not too spicy this time :-)

    ReplyDelete