Monday, July 27, 2009

Ramen Noodle with Stir fried vegetables and ground beef


Welcome to 7th Kitchen!


Last night, I made Ramen Noodle. I used store bought ramen noodle which comes with soup already. I like adding some vegetables and meat to those ramen noodles. Just a little bit of make over makes it taste much better. 

I stir fried cabbage and onion with ground beef. I also added garlic and corn. In Japan, many ramen places add corn in Miso ramen noodle. Sometimes they add butter also. I flavored stir fry with soy sauce, sake, oyster sauce, mirin, chili flakes, sugar, salt and pepper.



It came out pretty good and was very satisfying meal. My husband likes Ramen Noodle so he was happy to have this big bowl of ramen noodle for dinner. 

Ramen is very popular in Japan. There are so many Ramen restaurant and so many different kind of ramen. Depends on the region, they use different kind of soup and different kind of noodle. I personally like "Tonkotsu Ramen" which is Ramen with pork flavored soup. (They make stock for this soup out of pig bones). If you have a chance, please try "Tonkotsu Ramen". 



The one I made today is not Tonkotsu Ramen. It was Miso Ramen. 
Next time, when you make Ramen, add some vegetables and meat. It makes your regular boring bowl of ramen noodle into something special!

No comments:

Post a Comment