Thursday, July 23, 2009

Mushroom Rosotto



Welcome to 7th Kitchen!


I love Mushroom and I love Risotto. So Mushroom Risotto is one of my favorite dish. 
I used dried mushrooms for this risotto so I can use some of the liquid which I used for soften the dried mushroom. This package of dried mushroom had shiitake, maitake, porchini, etc. 

It was so hot when I was cooking this. I was sweating and I wanted to take a break but you can not just walk away from Risotto. I have to keep on pouring the liquid into risotto, one ladle at a time. Also, I had to grate lots of Parmigiana cheese which also require lots of strength.  So by the time when I was done cooking, I was exhausted. 


But the risotto was really good so I guess it was worth it. One regret I had was that I forgot to add garlic. I think mushroom and garlic goes really well and I always add garlic when I cook mushroom. I think mushroom is great. I love using it for risotto, pasta, and salad. My husband does not like mushroom too much but I just love it very much so I use it anyway. And, it is good for you! If you have good mushroom recipe, please let me know!


For breakfast, I had this today. Can you guess what it is? It was delicious! I will post the answer tomorrow. 




2 comments:

  1. I love mushrooms. The pictures on your blog all look great!. The yellow one above looks like a mango (around a mango seed?)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emi! Thank you for your compliment. I am trying to take good pictures of food but my camera is a normal digital camera so there is a limit for what I can do. I would love to buy one of those SLR camera someday.
    Anyway, the answer for the question in the blog was peach! Peach is one of my favorite fruits!

    ReplyDelete