Sunday, July 5, 2009

Chicken with onion sauce & Lemon Pie




Hello! Welcome to 7th Kitchen! Last night, I made chicken breast with onion sauce. This recipe was from a book which I bought in Japan. This onion sauce has some mustard, rice vinegar, sugar etc so it is kind of sweet and sour. I like the taste of this sauce. It also goes well with rice. 

I am always impressed with how Japanese meal comes with many small side dishes on the side. Often times, you see rice, soup, main course and some little side dishes. How can they make all those dishes everyday with limited time? Probably all the side dishes are something which you can make ahead and keep in the fridge. But still, I think it is great because you get to eat many different ingredients. 



As for me, I am still struggling making one dish. Normally, if I make a soup, that is all we have for dinner. Sometimes,  I can make salad on the side but that is about it. I think it will take a while for me to make a few side dishes everyday like many Japanese household do. 

I am still a learning process. I love cooking and I would love to try all the different kind of cuisine which I never tried to make before. I think it is so exciting that there are so many different kind of flavors in the world. 



Anyhow, since it was pretty hot yesterday, I made this lemon pie which is very refreshing. For me, lemon pie screams summer. I used store bought pie dough. and made the filling myself. Here is the picture. This is before I put whipped cream topping. 



This is after putting whipped cream topping. It was really good. Not too sweet but not too tart. 
I am having some people over tomorrow so we can have this lemon pie with some BBQ! 


It seems like I have been eating so much this weekend. I will try to be good next week. I will ride my new bicycle and go back to my Yoga class to be fit again. But that is next week. Today is still weekend. I will enjoy my BBQ today!!!

I participate this blog ranking site. If you like my blog, please click the link below. Thanks!
Food & Drink Blogs - Blog Rankings

No comments:

Post a Comment