Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Roasted Lemon Chicken

So, I wrote about Chicken Tortilla Soup the other day. I also told you that one of the reason I made that chicken tortilla soup was because I made roasted lemon chicken the night before and it came out pretty tough and was trying find a way to reuse this tough chicken.

Well, even though it was a failure, I wanted to upload and show it to you guys.

I made this following recipe in a book which I borrowed from a library but I think I might left the chicken in the oven too long.

I bought a whole chicken which was already cut up and made this.

This is before roasting. Got lemon, butter and thyme.

This is how it came out.

It looks pretty good but it was actually pretty tough and blunt. Even my husband said that he doesn't like this at all :-) (Normally, he is very good at complimenting my dish so this one must had been quite bad)

I also made roasted potatoes. This was really good. I added lots of herbs and spices which I have at home.

This is the breast part of the chicken. It is humongous so the plate looks small and the balance is kind of off.

For the side dish, I also made fennel. This is something I learned from my mother-in-law. It is super simple, easy but yummy! I just need to cut some fennel and add lemon and olive oil, salt pepper and microwave it for a few minutets and have a wonderful side dish in a minutes!  Before I try this side dish, I didn't like fennel too much and also didn't know how to use it. But now, I love it in this way and I make this all the time. Also, Fennel is suppose to help your digestion! It is a win win dish!

Well, so this was the roasted lemon chicken which was not great but because of this dish, we were able to enjoy wonderful Chicken Tortilla Soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment